Monday, August 18, 2008

PTI part 2

It appears that I’ve become more verbose recently, you’re either enjoying it or you’re annoyed by it. Time will tell.

I wanted to take a moment to talk about someone who was in my life who recently passed on, Dr. Clare Koznek. You all know that I work at a health clinic and Dr. K was one of our providers. On Aug 8th, as I began my trek to Eugene I received a call from one of my co-workers to inform me that he had passed on. None of us saw it coming, sure we knew that he had health issues but we had just been talking to him the day before, he was still full of piss and vinegar and the last thing we expected was to get that call.

It shook me and it still does. The man was in his prime at only 61 years young. He touched the lives of so many people that it’s incredible. His appointments were only supposed to last fifteen minutes but always lasted at least thirty because he cared about his patients, wanted to know more about them than their health concerns and just liked to talk to people.

His funeral was last Thursday. It was a celebration of the man and his life. There were over 150 people there, standing room only and the stories that were told about him, his life and his family really brought home the type of exceptional person he truly was.

I just wanted to take a moment and write this good bye. The man wasn’t a saint, he had his issues like we all do, but he was true to himself, his patients, his family and his friends.

I just wanted to say, Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a good doctor.
Don't find too many of those. Never knew the guy but sounds like he was a good person at heart. And a good doctor, so I miss him too even though I never met him.
They are a rarity

-Raf

Toons

Ratings by outbrain