Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Topping the Charts!


Last night I pugged it with an interesting group. Three of the members were of the same guild a shaman, a rogue and a hunter (Sounds like the intro to a bad joke) and the Shaman let me know not far into the run that the other two with him, well this was there first toon for each. They had never been to ZF, which was what we were doing, and needed to get the experience of playing in it and finishing the quests.

Let me say that I was impressed by the Shaman taking these guys under his wing, I even told him so, to which he replied that they were real life friends and he didn’t have much of a choice. (heh.) Still they managed to do a decent job. We only had one group wipe in the entire time. Bosque and the hunter were left up during the event at the steps, we managed to down both the troll boss and Sergeant Bly by ourselves.

Bosque topped the damage meter.

I have to admit that I’m loving being able to nuke the crap out of everything in sight. It’s much different from having to heal or get up close and tank. Standing back, rooting something and just blasting away at it is more fun that I could have realized. While running around in ZF Bosque went ahead and dinged 47. Outlands are closer than ever on my druid.

I haven’t put together that Marco like I threatened but I think, knowing the spells that I use, that it would look something this:

/castsequence reset=5 Entangling Roots, Insect Swarm, Starfire, Moonfire, Wrath

This would be for a solo situation, by the time you hit up Wrath the mob should be close to being dead and the Damage over Time from the other two spells is still taking effect. I use insect swarm because Farie Fire when I solo because I’m not doing melee damage, remember that a Moonkin is a caster form. Now if you were a Kitty this wouldn’t work at all and you’d want to focus on the cat attacks for your Macro. The same rule applies if you’re a big bear.

Other thing that you should always remember, buy your reagents before you go into an instance. I don’t care WHAT you play; buy your reagents because you never know what you might have to do.

On the Divine Forsaken front things are slow. I know they’re planning a raid for tomorrow, Kara of course, and together with our sister guild we should have enough people to get that accomplished. I’ve been focusing on the Druid and a lot of the players that I run with have just switched to playing alts. I think they have the same mindset; we play for fun, not to break our heads against ten man raids. I’ve already experienced it several times and it’s ‘aight’.

How about you guys? You finding yourself reaching for that Purple Pixel disease or are you satisfied with the accomplishment of having hit 70 and then moving on to a low level character that needs your love?

Also, anyone else have a useful macro they want to send over?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Love to hear you're loving your moonkin.

I have 2 macros that I use for my druid, though I really should make more.

The first is a whisper to the person I'm simultaneously casting Rebirth on, letting them know to get ready for combat.

The second is a whisper to the person I've casted Innervate on, letting them know to swap in a spirit weapon and not to take a mana potion.

I'm at work right now, but i'll see what i can do this evening about gettting them here for you.

Toons

Ratings by outbrain