Friday, May 9, 2008

Welcome back to the Carnival

To show you that no good deed goes unpunished…

I already told you that my MIL went and told my wife. It was an unresolved issue that I was struggling with. How do you go to someone and tell them that they’ve betrayed your trust, not once but twice.

I went home yesterday, its hockey season…and I love hockey. The Conference Finals started yesterday, Wings v. Stars. I turned it on to watch the last 20 minutes of the game. My wife was fast asleep on the couch, an image I’m all too familiar with. Her mom was home and this is the conversation we had:

“What do you think we should do? Do you think we should take her in?” Her

“Honestly, I have no clue.” Me

She went upstairs and got dressed and came back down and started to put her shoes on.

“You’re taking her in?” Me

“Well, you obviously don’t care!” Her

“What do you want me to say?”

“What do I want you to say? I want you to say, this is my wife, I’ll take care of her. This is my wife, let me take her in. This is my wife and she’s my responsibility. If you don’t want to be part of this family, grab your stuff and get out!”

“You have no idea what I do for her. You don’t know that at night I’m the only one that covers her up so she’s not cold. You don’t know that I’m the one that puts her legs on the bed so that she doesn’t wake up sore. Take her to the bathroom, get her water, you don’t know any of that so don’t tell me that I do nothing for her or that I don’t care about her.

“You want me to tell you to take her to the hospital or do it myself but I don’t know what the hospital is going to do. Give her more meds?” Me

“They’ll do a spinal tap and help her.” Her

“They won’t. She’s got medication on board to help with that and if they don’t feel that it’s an issue they won’t do it. So they’ll just give her meds, send her home and send me the bill.”

This whole time my wife in on the couch in and out of lucidity like a character from that movie Blow.

We decided to give it another day. Hope that she got better.

When I woke up today they were mad at each other. Her mother has been holding her narcotics for the month but it appears that even that hasn’t helped. She got her narcs filled on the 24th of last month, she only has five days left. So if you do the math, today is the NINTH. So she has until the 14th and then she’s out… she’s overtaken 10 days worth of meds.

But they are still telling me it’s not an issue and that she’s genuinely sick…

No comments:

Toons

Ratings by outbrain